Getting older dogs to only pee and poop on pad in house

• August 5, 2017 at 7:24 pm #14806
    annrl2003@yahoo.com
    Participant

Hi Warren,

I need your help badly. I am the grandmother of two male fixed Yorkies, 10 and 7 years old. They are inside dogs and are supposed to pee and poop on the wee wee pad.

The 7 year old pees on the floor and furniture legs, poops on the floor and also pees on the pad. The 10 year old poops and pees on the pad, but learned the bad habits of the 7 year old, so also marks over the 7 year old pee on the floor and furniture.

Is there anyway to train older dogs who now have been doing this behavior for years?

They are inside dogs and the owners both work and don’t get home until about 6:00 pm after being gone 10 hours a day.

I go there once a day during the week to walk the dogs and clean up the mess in the kitchen area where they are confined.
    I clean up the mess with the product you recommend Kids ‘n’ Pets spray, but they still pee in the same areas that I spray very well.

Do you have any recommendation how to solve this problem because now they put the dogs in a cage to sleep at night so they don’t poop and pee on the floor? During the day they are confined in the kitchen/dining area.

Do you have a trainer that you would recommend in the Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks or Agoura area?

Thanks,
    Ann

Is it hopeless because of their ages?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.