Did you know that one in three American Families feed the birds? More than 65 million American Adults enjoy this colorful pastime and here are some fun things to do to encourage birds in your backyard.
Food and Feeders
• Put up nectar feeders for Hummingbirds and Orioles.
• Place a window feeder on your child’s bedroom window for fun bird watching.
• Put out fruit and jelly feeders with jelly, orange and apple halves.
• Add a Jay feeder filled with peanuts and let Jays entertain you as they lift the lid to get a peanut.
• Use a trellis to grow flowering vines to attract Hummingbirds.
• Add a source of water such as a birdbath, leaf mister, dripper or water garden to entice birds to take a drink.
• Provide Suet Dough to help birds get extra calcium for egg-laying
• Put up nesting boxes for Wrens, Bluebirds, Chickadees, Titmice, Swallows and Purple Marlins.