Welcome To The Pet Show Chat Lounge

• March 1, 2016 at 4:59 pm #13142
    Julie
    Keymaster

It is now easy to ask your questions here, obviously I can’t answer them all, but many time listeners can help each other. Please feel free to ask questions or make comments…Looking forward to some great conversation…..
    ~Warren~

• October 24, 2016 at 5:51 pm #13833
    Phyllis Ross
    Participant

Hi Warren, I listen to you every Saturday and never heard this question and answer.. We’ve just moved from a very large property where my 20 lb mixed breed girl was able to run around, sniff and find her perfect place to do her business. We live in a small house with a large patio that has a pretty good sized dirt area with a few plants. Is there any kind of spray or something to get her to get excited about peeing in that area? She goes in there, sniffs around but doesn’t seem to be to interested.

• November 13, 2016 at 8:07 am #13862
    Grace Calucci Kent
    Participant

Hi Warren: My daughter has a 20 month old black lab who is absolutely uncontrollable. He’s a very large boy weighing 120 plus lbs. He has attended puppy school, beginning and intermediate and we thought we had a trained dog but as soon as he finished his training, he became the dog that no one wants to be around. He constantly jumps on the kitchen counters, on people, on tables and chairs. He does not come when called, however, if you show him a treat he’s at your side in a New York minute. When taking him for a walk, he strains on the leash until he pulls loose from his collar and runs away and the only way to get him back is to drive after him in the car, open the car door showing him he’s going to go for a ride. I take care of him when my daughter is at work and I can’t handle him anymore, and neither can she. When I have people over for dinner, the dog is at the table begging for food continually and if you put him out of the room, he barks till he’s let back in. We are at our wits end and would like you to recommend a good training school here in the Troy, MI where we take him to get some aggressive training.

• June 25, 2017 at 10:33 am #14747
    Renee DiSisto
    Participant

Hello Warren,
    I just moved in with my new husband to his home and there is a raccoon living under the house…apparently this has happened many times over the years he has lived here with many raccoon families coming and going. I think this is a “go to ” place for them….this is a friendly one that I often find in my kitchen as he has discovered the kitty door. He wants to hang out and does not rush off when he sees me.
    We are now having work done which will require us going under the home and re sealing everything up. I want to know what is the best way to trap and re locate? I have been told that “urban” raccoons cannot be re located to the wild since they are use to getting there food and water from the neighborhood. Is this true? I certainly want to do the best thing possible for this “little” guy …please advise….

• August 19, 2017 at 10:16 am #14838
    Jean Jeffery
    Participant

A friend of mine rescued a dog 4 yrs ago that she says was badly abused. To this day she claims that this dog remembers his abuse and
    backs away when she goes to pick him up, is it possible that the dog does remember the abuse and will not allow her near his rear end? Or is it because the dog just doesn’t like her to pick him up?

Jean

• September 19, 2017 at 12:26 pm #14879
    mariagavin@aol.com
    Participant

Hi. I have 2 cats, who are bothers. Charlie is the dominant one and very happy and playful. Buster is more mellow and “deep.” Spends much of his time in boxes, but loves to run around and play, too.

The other night they were chasing each other around and Charlie started acting very oddly. He began panting and was very ‘excited.’ We took him to the vet. X-rays showed no signs of heart of lung or respiratory issues.

When we got back from the vet he began running around like crazy – really crazy. That was Saturday night. Monday night he was running around again, and this morning (Tuesday) he was doing it a bit as well. We are wondering if he might have feline hyperesthesia. He is not overly-grooming or self-mutilating, but I did see a ripple go up his back.

Or might he just be traumatized from going to the vet?

Finally, he did have a batch a week ago. Maybe the mites were not cleaned out of his ears? Maybe he had a reaction to a flea medication?

Help! Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.